Not everyone is blessed with a green-thumb, and we all know at least one person who struggles to keep plants alive. The good news, is that whether it is you, your family, or a friend, we have some plants that are perfect for those who struggle to keep a plant alive. We also have some of our favorite Denver plant care tips:
First things first, let’s talk about some hardy, easy to care for plants:
Chinese Evergreen (Indoor): These plants can handle excessive watering. While we recommend taking it easy on the water still, if you overdo it you won’t kill your plant. Which is always a good thing.
Coralbells (Outdoor): These unique plants are great to add some evergreen/semi-evergreen variety to your garden. Coralbells have a number of varieties, from growing in full-sun to full-shade, and the flowers even attract hummingbirds.
Fiddle Leaf Fig (Indoor): Growing in popularity, the Fiddle Leaf Fig plant is hardy and can handle almost any bright location - just avoid direct sunlight. Be sure to water generously in the summer, and cut back a bit in the winter!
Geranium (Outdoor): Bright with color, geraniums hold up in the heat even with little water. These annual plants are perfect for those looking to add a pop of color to their garden without a difficult to take care of plant.
Hostas (Outdoor): A favorite of many, hostas are shade plants that grow quickly, grow large, and are hardy! Hostas come in many colors, but they are prone to deer, bunnies, and even slugs. So explore a few repellents that you can use.
Spider Plant (Indoor): This fast-growing plant is perfect for those who forget to water plants - it only requires a weekly watering. Just remember that it does prefer direct sunlight.
Aloe (Indoor): Have a spot in your house with some indirect light? The Aloe plant is perfect for you. Place it in a low-lit area and soak it with water every week or so.
Now for our favorite plant care tips:
- Overwatering - The most common cause of plant death is overwatering. Be sure to follow the watering instructions and when in doubt, contact the professionals.
- Choose Plants Appropriately - Choose your plants based on the lighting available, whether that be inside or outside. Plants need the proper lighting to survive.
- Drainage - If you are planting a plant inside, make sure you have drainage available so you avoid root-rot. Rotting roots can kill your plant!
- Heat Waves - Never repot a plant during a heat wave, or fertilize a plant during a heat wave. Heat waves make plants fragile, it’s important not to cause undue stress.
Caring for plants doesn’t have to be difficult, just remember you can always contact Wild Irishman if you need any additional assistance or have questions - we are here to give you A+ service, and help you create the beautiful yard of your dreams. From landscaping design, water service, maintenance and paving
- we have all the services you need to achieve your perfect lawn. Contact us as soon as you can to make an appointment or to get a free quote!